Why Is This World So Unforgiving

I like most of the world tuned in to Oprah’s Next Chapter tonight to catch her exclusive interview with Rihanna. For the last few years I have refrained from listening to her music, watching her videos or even watching her on air interviews simply because I didn’t understand her. I didn’t understand why she had suddenly turned so dark and full of hate and hated to see that she was turning into one of the world’s biggest role models for teens. Tonight I gave in and watched the exclusive interview and as I watched Next Chapter I occasionally tuned into twitter to see the response of the twitterverse and I came to one conclusion: the world is unforgiving. Rihanna announced to Oprah that she had forgiven Chris Brown and twitter went ballistic. “How dare she forgive him?” “She’s weak, forgiveness is weakness” and the words went on destroying her for choosing to forgive someone who had wronged her. Now don’t get me wrong what Chris did to her is not justifiable however; the bible teaches us to forgive those who have hurt us. 
Having trouble forgiving others? Let’s go visit 1 John 1:9 where it says “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.” Notice Jesus forgives our sins EVERY TIME we ask him for forgiveness and since he loves us enough to forgive us it is our DUTY to exemplify that same love by forgiving others. 
 
The choice to forgive is yours but remember forgiveness holds no one else in bondage other than you….