Why Fasting Is A Good Idea


Fasting is something that many are indifferent about and is something some people embrace and others stray away from. Spiritual fasting is in my opinion one of the best things you can do in your life in terms of getting closer to God. In my experience with fasting I was able to clear my mind and become more focused on top of being reminded of the things that are important in my life. Fasting doesn't always mean from food, here are a few other things to fast from:

sweets
Facebook
caffeine
talking on your cell phone
watching TV
listening to music
tweeting
texting

There are so many other things you can fast from. The purpose behind a fast is to help you put down anything that is getting in the way of your relationship with God. Fasting is not required anywhere in the Bible for Christians, but I ask people all the time why wouldn't you be willing to give up or sacrifice something for Christ who gave up his life for you. Hope and pray you were encouraged by this and I pray for your strength in the Lord during your next fast.