Hate or Love Tebow

Tim Tebow continues to flood the tv and radio airwaves and earlier this week ESPN radio posed a question “Why is Tim Tebow so popular?”. As the calls began to flood in there were a few who shed negative light on his popularity while others suggested that his career was a mere joke. During this commentary I never once heard his integrity come into question.
With the negative images of professional athletes that continue to pollute our society it is very rare to find an athlete quite like Tebow who turned 25 today. Currently he is making many headlines in New York as he takes the field this year with his new Jets team. Football season has yet to begin yet the criticism has already poured in from analyst and football players alike. Recently, Jets player and current football analyst Boomer Esiason said the New York team should cut him. “If I were the Jets . . . I would cut Tim Tebow, I really would. It’s not in any way, shape or form, I think, benefiting this team.” He went further by saying “All you have to do is watch him throw the ball. I just think this whole thing, at least from my perspective right now in relation to who Mark Sanchez is – your starting quarterback – is a major mistake.”
Image

Tim Tebow who by now is use to people talking about him in a negative way responded.. “I’ve heard nothing but great things about Mr. Esiason,”"I know he was a great player here, and I just wish him nothing but the best in his announcing and God bless him.”
You don’t have to like Tim Tebow the football player but you should respect Tim Tebow the man. This season in New York looks as if it’s going to be an interesting and entertaining one.