Think Before You Speak

“Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me”. Whoever came up with that is a complete idiot. Not to be rude or insensitive but let’s be serious when is the last time a stick or a stone has literally broke your bones? It may have hurt but did it break your bones? If it did, my apologies but it’s never happened to me. On that same topic when is the last time someone’s words hurt you? Probably yesterday, an hour ago or even a few minutes ago right? My point exactly.
Often times people think before they speak. People think they have all the answers and have the solutions to everyone’s problems(except their own of course) and never take the time to think how their words will impact others.
Proverbs 18:21 tells us that life and death are in the power of tongue. That means your words can hurt but when used correctly could uplift and transform the very lives of those around you. One of the greatest lessons I’ve ever learned was to think before you think. Apply that principle to your life and watch how it will impact your life.